Configuring Application and Multimedia Settings
To configure Harmonia's settings to best suit your needs, select Harmonia4▸Preferences... from the main menu to open the Preferences dialog.
Under Start Up Window, you can configure how the app opens. Note: If you log into Harmonia on a public device, do not select the ‘Sign in automatically’ box.
- Show welcome page: displays the Welcome page upon launching the app. The Welcome Page is also accessible under the View menu.
- Show new document: displays a new, blank document ready to be edited. If you are logged in with a teacher account, you can also select a New Document from the File menu.
- Show empty window: displays an empty window. You can access the courses and documents by clicking the Content icon. If you are logged in with a teacher account, you can also select New Document from the File menu.
- Sign in automatically.: this option remembers your log in information and can be checked with any of the other three options. Note: if you log in to Harmonia on a public device, do not select the 'Sign in automatically' box.
Under Multimedia, select how you would like to configure audio streaming and video viewing.
- In own window: this setting is available for both audio and video. The video is displayed in its own window.
- In main window: this setting is available for both audio and video. The video is displayed in the main window.
- In external browser: this setting is only available for video viewing. When students click the video icon embedded in the document, the video will automatically play in the default browser such as Chrome or Safari on the student’s device.
Under Other, you can also configure settings such as color schemes and page orientation.