Connecting to the Illiac Cloud
Course materials — including homework, practice, tutorials and teacher handouts — are kept in the Harmonia Cloud. Connecting to the Cloud is quick and easy, all you need is the Harmonia app and an Internet connection.
- On a device with Internet connection, launch the Harmonia app.
- Click the Sign In button located in the top-right corner, or selectFile▸Sign In... from the main menu to open the sign-in dialog.
- Follow the dialog prompts to choose your server and email and password. The pop-up menu allows you to select between Harmonia 3or Harmonia 4. Only select Harmonia 4 if your teacher explicitly tells you to do so, otherwise leave it on Harmonia 3. The server choice is ‘sticky’ so that you only need to specify this one time per course. Next, enter your registered Harmonia Email and Password and click theSign In button.
- Note: it may take a second or two to make the secure connection. You can tell that you have successfully connected if your name appears in blue at the top right of the window. If you are a student, the student icon beside your name will appear blue. If you logged in with a teacher account, the mortarboard beside your name will be blue. Note that teachers can toggle between student and teacher modes by clicking the icons beside their name at the top-right part of the window.
Once you make a connection, click the Content icon on the left side of the window to access your course materials in the Assignments Browser.
Troubleshooting Connection Problems
If the connection failed due to mis-typed input in the sign-in dialog, Harmonia will provide a red alert ‘Login failed. Please check your user id and password and try again.’. Retype your Email and/or Password and press t he Sign In button again to make the connection.
If the connection failed because of a network issue or download failure, perform the following steps:
- Quit Harmonia.
- Resolve the networking issue and then test it in your web browser by going to the Harmonia website and sign into your account. If you cannot connect to the website, it means that the server is down. If you can make the connection but cannot sign in to your account, then there is an issue with your account. In this case please contact your teacher for directions on how to resolve the issue.
- If you can successfully connect to your account on the website, launch the Harmonia app and sign in again.
Reminder: if you launch Harmonia and the network problem already exists, fixing the network issue may still not enable a connection inside the currently running Harmonia app. The solution is always: (1) quit Harmonia, (2) fix the problem and verify that your browser can connect to your account on the website, (3) relaunch Harmonia to establish the connection.